From what we understand, Cascade has had to change their formula so that there are no phosphates. This is not by their choice as we see it but by laws being passed by individual states. The laws aim to keep phosphates out of anything that ends up in the waste water or any water that could end up in lakes. The phosphate makes the algae grow, which takes oxygen out of the water and supposedly suffocates aquatic life.
In turn, not having any phosphates in soaps like dishwashing detergent makes them not as effective – to the point where dishes don’t even get clean. Dishes in dishwashers aren’t getting cleaned as well as they used to be. This makes people angry for good reason. It seems that companies like Cascade and other “green” cleaning companies are struggling to find a suitable replacement for phosphate.
Some people are buying Cascade with phosphorus online and having it shipped to them from other states, it seems.
So that’s the situation. Feel free to continue the discussion here. There are several solutions being listed and Finish detergent seems to be working well for people. That’s what I use. It gets dishes in the dishwasher clean in states that have banned phosphorus in the detergent. Alternatively, you can add the phosphate back in.
Possible Solutions Being Offered
What Dishwasher Detergent Still Has Phosphates?
During the discussion here, we want to keep every up to date on possible solutions so that your dishes come out cleaner and do not get ruined. Here they are:
- Some people want to get a class action suit against Cascade. It’s not Cascade’s fault – check your local government and find out whey they are banning phosphorus.
- Add 1 cup of vinegar to the wash cycle once the initial fill up begins. Do this along with using your dishwasher detergent. This seems to do the trick.
- cascade dishwasher detergent
- cascade dishwasher detergent problems
- problems with Cascade dishwasher detergent
- phosphates in dishwasher detergent
- cascade detergent
- dishwasher detergent
- cascade dishwashing detergent problems
- phosphate free dishwasher detergent
- dishwasher soap problems
- cascade dish detergent problems
- cascade soap problems
- dishwasher soap phosphate
- phosphate dishwashing detergent
- Cascade Complete Problems
- phosphate dishwasher soap