That is exactly what people are experiencing since Cascade and other dishwasher detergent manufacturers have had to switch from using phosphates in their detergents.
Environmentalist groups have pushed to have laws passed in several states regarding the removal of phosphates from soaps and detergents (anything that could go down the drain and end up in lake water and streams) in claims of helping protect the environment and wildlife. It’s not really the fault of dishwashing detergent companies that phosphate is being removed and they’re doing their best to find suitable replacements that will still clean dishes well.
In the meantime, some detergents are not working well. In fact, they seem to be ruining dishes, pans, glasses and even dishwashers themselves. People are really frustrated and some are even shopping for new dishwashers. It’s a big problem at the moment.
Don’t Buy a New Dishwasher – The Solutions
Thanks to the community here, a number of great solutions have popped up. They are restoring people’s dishes and dishwashers and dishes are once again coming out clean. Here are the solutions so far and we’ll continue to update this list – these are either dishwasher detergent with phosphate or others without it that have been proven to work:
- Home remedy – add 1/2 – 1 cup of vinegar to the dishwasher detergent you’re using now. Just pour it into the bottom of the dishwasher before running it. Vinegar can affect metal items, so it’s not recommended for them. White vinegar works fine on flatware.
- Home remedy – add 1/3 cup Borax to the bottom of the dishwasher.
- Clean your dishwasher – run it empty with 1/2 cup of Tang to clean and freshen up your dishwasher.
- To fix and clean glassware – soak all your glassware in distilled white vinegar for 30 minutes, completely submerged, and they will look brand new.
- Detergent that works – Finish (formerly Electrasol) brand dishwashing detergent seems to work well.
- Detergent that works – Quantum Finish Powerball with Jet Dry
- Detergent that works – Finish Glass Magic Dishwasher Performance Booster
- Detergent that works – Lemi Shine, Dishwater Detergent Additive
- Detergent the works – BioKleen Automatic Dish Powder
If anyone else has any other solutions, remedies, tips or comments, please post them here.Incoming Searches:
- dishwasher dishes home remedy
- dishwasher is ruining dishes
- dishwasher ruining caleca dishes
- dishwasher ruining dishes
- does lemishine damage flatware and pans
- does lemishine harm the finish on your dishes?
- Does nc have the Law that Phospates have to be taken out of dishwasher detergents in 2014
- how to restore aluminum ruined in dishwasher